Waterloo Hospital is located along one of the most important highways of the country which connects to Freetown, the capital of Sierra Leone. It is owned by the Seventh-day Adventist church and funded by Adventist Health International (AHI), Loma Linda, CA, USA.
The staff of the hospital is 70 including part-time workers. Apart from nationals the hospital hosts periodic international medical personnel and volunteers.
- Medical and surgical services.
- Out-patient clinic (Sundays – Fridays).
- In-patient services (anytime).
- Emergencies (always available).
- Mobile Clinic in areas around Waterloo.
- Ultra-sound scanning.
- Laboratory services: basic tests available.
- Clinical ministry: chaplaincy department available for trauma, counseling and spiritual support.
- Canteen services: African dishes, cold drink and cold water at an affordable price.
- Solar light in all wards.
- Electricity available all the night and most of the day.
- Water available all the time.
- Private rooms nicely furnished with private toilet and shower sink.
- Semi-private and general rooms with fans and spacious environment.
- Operating theatre: minor and major operating theatre.
- Oxygen accessibility for operating theatre and patient wards.
- Patient beds with treated mosquito nets.
- Medical records of the patients.